Saturday, June 04, 2005

San Francisco May Never Be The Same


As part of my professional development for the year, my company DailyAccess Corporation has decided to send a coworker and myself out to Sun Microsystems' JavaOne conference in beautiful San Francisco, CA.



I am absolutely excited to be able to attend this conference. The environment we use at work is Sybase PowerBuilder for internal applications used by our employees, Sybase EAServer as our application server (housing components written in Java and PowerBuilder), Java Servlets and JSP's for our website, and a nice Oracle database for the backend to round it all out.

So I am hoping that the knowledge I'll gain from JavaOne will help me improve the code I write for the components in our application server along with other server side processes we have written in Java. I'm also looking forward to some of the sessions on various web frameworks. We will soon be deciding on a new web framework for our sites and this should help us have more information to make an informed decision.

I am going to try (we'll see how it works out) to give a day by day post of the goings on at JavaOne along with pictures of the event and city. So stay tuned to this space.

Once I decide on the sessions I want to try and attend, I'll post that here also, so you can play along at home.

The conference runs from Monday, June 27 - Thursday June 30. I will be arriving into San Francisco the evening of Saturday, June 25. I have decided to take some vacation time after the conference, so I will actually be in San Francisco the following week, leaving to come back to Mobile on Friday, July 8.

If you are going to be at JavaOne or in the area and want to try and get together, let me know. A la the great Scoble, I am going to be posting my contact information in this space soon. We'll see how it works out. So check back and you will be able to find out how to reach me if you want to get together during the conference.

1 Comments:

At 6/04/2005 04:55:00 PM, Blogger Rahul Jain said...

I'd be watching this space Doug :). I am not attending sunOne, so your blogs will be appreciated.

Interested on your views on various web frameworks.

- Rahul Jain
rahul.jain@cynergysystems.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home